Raymond's Interview( Missing part of the issue 135 of "TV Series") | Friday, January 26, 2007


Raymond's Interview( Missing part of the issue 135 of "TV Series")
credits: Raymondforest, TV Series

TV: At first, did your family agree to let you join the industry? Is it like in dramas, disagreeing but you still joined?
Raymond: No, they just told me to go try, my family is very democratic.

TV: Are you a person with cofidence? Like wanting to do something and will continue.
Raymond: I'm okay, I just think that if I have the ability to, then I would have cofidence.

TV: Acting for so many years, is there a point where you feel that you can't handle it anymore?
Raymond: Yes, yes! I think every artist face the problems of false articles. Sometimes I think that it's not the readers who want to read this, it's the media who give them these things that are twisted from the truth. It's actually sad, like the Hong Kong paparazzi; some of them write, some take pictures, some take videos, and will pick some to "add on". In Hong Kong, you can't just go eat with opposite gender friends, even if they are your aunt, cousins, or old classmates. The best way is to stay away from them, and not drag them down. (Lost a lot of freedom?) Have to find a private place to eat dinner. Every artist in Hong Kong face this pressure, we are just forced to get used to it.

TV: Do you like to read action novels in class?
Raymond: Yeah, I read them, but I never finish any of them. (Laughs) Because I will start on a new one before I finish the other one. (Laughs) I don't read in class, I was actually a pretty good kid when I was young, just that I fall asleep sometimes.

TV: TVB had a lot of series about cops before, and since you have a healthy image, how come we rarely see you as police?
Raymond: Yeah, I never portrayed a police character, I don't know why the scriptwriters didn't ask me to. (Laughs)

TV: How much qualities would be put into each character?
Raymond: Every character starts out with a challenge, because we haven't grabbed onto it yet. For example, if a character have this kind of problem, and you are supposed to react to it, you wouldn't portray it as smooth, because you would be afraid that it wouldn't connect to other parts later on. So, you have to believe in yourself, becuase sometimes the scripts will change, and you don't know how your partners will act, everyone has to adjust themselves. You can't just act as yourself either, because the results will turn out bad. Every character has its own quality, maybe modern series would have more. In the beginning of each series, I would add a bit of my own mood and feelings into the series, so the character would be more realistic.

TV: Is Siu Chai like you? Wanting to continue your own dreams, and is optimistic.
Raymond: A little bit, I have a depressed side also. But sometimes people have mood swings, you know, a lot of actors have this feeling, just never show it during work. (Laughs)

TV: Have you thought of when you would retire? Or change your job?
Raymond: Depends how much I can use of myself, If I think I'm doing poorly then I'll leave. (Laughs) I hope I'll always have room to improve.

TV: When I read information of this character, I think he's like Siu Chai, energetic, and smart, what do you think?
Raymond: In the series, I'm a director, and have to watch over a group of people. I can't be like a little kid jumping around, only would be "good" to the girls, and a friend of the co-workers.Work is work, the character seperates that.
(Note: I believe they are talking about "The New Breath of Love)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vickie: I did so bad with this missing part of some kind of interview><" Hope you guys won't mind...

*************************
Created at 3:15 PM
*************************

 
About The Beehive

Hi! If you're some lost little bee who stumbled by this blog by accident, don't worry, because we're all friendly people! By "we," I mean myself, Winter_Stargirl, my lovely sister Vickie and all the other little bees, or rather, fans of Raymond Lam that hang around this beehive! We're all about Raymond Lam at this blog, everything from news to pictures to videos! Drooling already? Well wipe it away! There's still heaps to check out!

Welcome to The Beehive!

Updates
 

[THE BEEHIVE FORUM]
{RECRUITING MODS}
Read more here!

Winter_Stargirl: Surprise, surprise! New layout ^^ It's kinda random, but hope you guys still like it! It doesn't particularly match the upcoming celebrations of Christmas and New Year, though; perhaps I can try and make one for Chinese New Year? A gold and red colour scheme?

About him ...

Raymond Lam a shining actor in the Hong Kong Entertainment Industry, under the management of Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB). More of his information can be found at online encyclopaedias such as Wikipedia -  have fun reading!

Schedule

| Schedule |
(Last updated: 04/12/2006)

Raymond's work schedule, for those interested in knowing when he'll make public appearances!

Latest information
 

Raymond's new official website: Fung Forever.

Raymond has just wrapped up all filming for 40-episode grand production, Tong Sam Fung Bo (Heart of Greed), co-staring with Linda Chung.

| Click here for more information |
(Last updated: 09/09/2006)

Raymond has begun the filming of another grand production, Sui Yuet Fung Wan (The Drive of Life), with a leading role. The producer is confirmed to be Tommy Leung and he will be co-starring with Charmaine Sheh and Myolie Wu.

| Click here for more information |
(Last updated: 28/09/2006)

Current and Upcoming Series
  • The Master of Tai Chi
  • The New Breath of Love
  • Heart of Greed
  • The Drive of Life

TagBoard

The Beehive thanks ...
Fung's Label, Raymond's previous official website and its webmistress, Sasa, for providing so much of Raymond's news and information. Without FL, many of Raymond's fans would've been like little losties, without any clue as to where to find Raymond's news. FL kept us informed and updated for a total of 2 years. It officially closed on the 21st August 2006, but I would still always remember it.

52raymond.com, also known as the Lam House. It was my source of Raymond's media. The fans there updated new clips or songs of Raymond's very quickly. It was a brilliant forum, a true home to Raymond's fans. It officially closed on the 1st September 2006, but I would still always remember it.

Vickie. She's my beautiful Net friend with a strong command of the Chinese language and very frequently she helps me with translations. She's also excellent when it comes to graphics and even though I haven't actually used any of her graphics in The Beehive, I still thought that it was worth mentioning.

Expectations of fans

If you want to repost any materials from this blog, please remember to credit. Mentioning The Beehive and the name of the translator would be courteous.

Affiliates

Previous Posts

Archive
Credits

Creator Page -> Blog Create

Blogskins
Blogger
Stock.XCHNG

By the way ...

Best viewed 1024 by 768, in Internet Explorer.