2006 Birthday Party Translated Recount (Long) | Wednesday, December 06, 2006


2006 Birthday Party Translated Recount
Date: 2nd December 2006
Location: M-Box, Shanghai
Author: Xiao Tu Xie (Credits to Raymond’s Forest for Chinese entry)
Translated by: Winter_Stargirl @ The Beehive

Because I was number sixteen, my seat was more to the front, and basically I was able to see everything from the pretty girl who belly-danced at the beginning, right to end when Raymond forgot to take his jacket and returned, causing a little excitement. It’s only that I’m getting older and my memory is degrading, so some events I can’t remember.

To begin, the pretty MC let everyone call out Raymond’s name. After everyone shouted together, Raymond took up a microphone, and we heard his voice before he came out. See photos for what he was wearing.

Then it was a pretty girl belly-dancing. The stage was rather small and so she took some space below the stage and performed her dance while looking right at Raymond. Raymond seemed to be a little bit shy. At this time, a lot of fans were crowding around the front taking photos of him, and I wasn’t able to see the entire dance of the girl’s. I was just scared that she might get cold from the little clothing she was wearing.

Then it was the touching hands game. Raymond selected two teams of ten girls to go onstage and play the game. In the end he couldn’t win over the fans that were sitting down and added two more girls whose job was to cover his eyes. Ha ha, Raymond was so much taller than the poor little girl from the second team. Her hands shook when she reached up to cover his eyes and plus she didn’t do that too well. But Raymond was very caring and half-kneeled for her; she was so lucky. The ten girls drew a number on their hands. They first let Raymond look at their hands, then his eyes were covered and he had to touch their hands and work out which number it was. Some of the fans that were sitting down said that these girls wouldn’t wash their hands even after they get home, ha ha. In the first round, Raymond only got one correct. In the second round he got smarter, and started noticing their nails and rings. He got three correct in the second round, not bad; I’ll give him some praise here. When we asked him what he should do as a punishment for getting any wrong, everyone called out: kiss her! Raymond froze, then he tried to get help from the fans, saying: Even if I want to, they (he pointed to us) wouldn’t! So then the MC asked us, yes or no and we all screamed: yes! (Raymond didn’t think that we would be so selfless). But in the end he only either took photos with them each or gave them an autograph.

The second round was a game to do with the number seven. You weren’t allowed to count any number that had something to do with seven. I was lucky enough to have been called out! Yet, unfortunately, I was the dumbest one. I can only blame myself for not making sure what the rules were. I thought that only numbers such as 7, 17, 27 couldn’t be counted out, but the multiples of seven couldn’t either. In the end I was crazily beaten up (that Xiao Hei or was it Xiao Bai, came down and admitted that she hit me three times with the big hammer). The MC asked me whether it was because I was nervous standing next to Raymond, and I couldn’t say that I didn’t understand the rules (because earlier she asked if there was anyone who didn’t understand the rules and I didn’t say anything), so I could only admit that Raymond was too charming, ha ha.

There weren’t as many people in this game and we didn’t take any photos. Oh my god, I was hit so many times, I don’t even have a photo with him, faint. What I need to make clear though, was that when the second team went onstage, Raymond said: this team should be better than the first, because there couldn’t possibly be anyone worse than them. Sorry to all the girls in the first team, I let everyone down! But Raymond was hit too, especially at the end when I called out a classical 63! When the game ended, someone took the hammer, which was supposed to come down on me, and hit Raymond on the head with it. When I sneaked a look at him, hee hee, Raymond was rubbing his head, so funny!

I knew a girl from the second team who played. That Xiao Ni Zi actually made the same mistake that I did and was chased around by people with the hammer. Xing Fu was sitting down there and complaining, how come people from our family were so dumb! (This sentence is meaningful because later Xing Fu personally confirmed it).

Then it was question time, during which one of the fans asked: do you remember me? Can you remember my name and how many times we have seen each other? Raymond basically didn’t answer correctly, his explanation was: my memory is too bad, you guys should know from seeing how bad I am at remembering lyrics. But he said: I’ll remember all of you guys (he might as well just remember all of us as Feng Mi [Mandarin nickname for Raymond’s fans]). In between, Raymond constantly showed off his Shanghainese. Even though it wasn’t perfect, we were all very pleased (I’ve already mentioned Huang Hou’s touching speech before and a lot of the other girls have mentioned it too, too many emotions … I won’t mention any unnecessary details here).

There was also the birthday cake and blowing the candles! When the humungous birthday cake was pushed out, Raymond praised that Shanghai’s technology was advanced! Then all the fans started singing happy birthday and the birthday boy onstage seemed a little touched (the scene was like when Huang Hou gave her speech). Maybe it was because he wanted a more exciting atmosphere, Raymond requested for the birthday song to be sung in Shanghainese, and in the end the people who didn’t speak Shanghainese couldn’t sing it properly, their voices were so small. But Raymond was still tried very hard and on the spot learnt how to say three times: happy birthday (strange, is it really that hard to learn?) Satisfied, Raymond said: it’s a little bit like Cantonese! (My goodness, it’s definitely two different things!)

Then Raymond taught us how to dance. The people like me, who didn’t know how to dance and were scared of making a fool of ourselves, prayed that we wouldn’t be selected. Luckily, my prayer was answered and I didn’t have to go up. Unfortunately for Xing Fu, We pulled her onto stage. As for the details, I don’t need to say too much, the moves Raymond taught were the ones from his dance at Century Golden Song Concert, and in the end, Xiao Jie Zi volunteered to go onstage and received a t-shirt that Raymond had worn before (it was a black and white chequered shirt, as for the design, I ask everyone to imagine what a chessboard would look like). According to Raymond, he bought this shirt when he was filming for A Step into the Past. At that time he was hurrying to a promotional function for A Taste of Love and so he attended in a rush wearing this t-shirt, jeans and the enormous Emperor’s crown. The pictures that were taken were very ugly and he didn’t want to be reminded of it, and so he brought this shirt along to give to someone. (I suggest that Xiao Jie Zi should put a photo of this shirt up on the Internet and so every time Raymond comes on he’ll see and never forget it). After Xiao Jie Zi won the shirt, everyone was very envious and some people went up to snatch it, others went up to touch it, and I took it and touched it to my face. As Xing Fu had said, since we can’t have it, we still have to rip a piece for ourselves.

Lastly, it was group photos. We went up in groups of twenty to take photos. A lot of girls said that Raymond’s cologne smelt very nice. I didn’t seem to smell it … a blocked nose?

And I just thought of another thing. Raymond said that he had wanted to the Gold award from the Annual Artiste Award along because it was all because of the support of fans that he was able to win this award, but because the award was made from gold, he was scared that it would be taken from him at customs.

After some people got autographs, Raymond left, but then he suddenly ran back, saying that he had forgotten his jacket.

We lined up to get our autographs, one each.

Then everyone hugged to said bye; we didn’t want to separate.

That’s it. If I think of anymore, I’ll add it.

Thank you for reading.

---
WOOT! Finally done! I'm so proud of myself!
OMG I so wish I was there! And yeah the people were so right man! You wouldn't have to wash your hands after he touched it! (Ada did you wash your hand after you went home that night?)
But OMG it was so fun ... there was that humungo hammer and all the games and that shirt!!! And Raymond speaking in Shanghainese ^^ OMG, jealous, jealous, jealous to the max!
And yeah yeah, we fans are selfless!! We put others first ^^ Too bad he never kissed those girls (but I bet I would've been jealous of them!!)
LOL.

*************************
Created at 8:38 PM
*************************

 
About The Beehive

Hi! If you're some lost little bee who stumbled by this blog by accident, don't worry, because we're all friendly people! By "we," I mean myself, Winter_Stargirl, my lovely sister Vickie and all the other little bees, or rather, fans of Raymond Lam that hang around this beehive! We're all about Raymond Lam at this blog, everything from news to pictures to videos! Drooling already? Well wipe it away! There's still heaps to check out!

Welcome to The Beehive!

Updates
 

[THE BEEHIVE FORUM]
{RECRUITING MODS}
Read more here!

Winter_Stargirl: Surprise, surprise! New layout ^^ It's kinda random, but hope you guys still like it! It doesn't particularly match the upcoming celebrations of Christmas and New Year, though; perhaps I can try and make one for Chinese New Year? A gold and red colour scheme?

About him ...

Raymond Lam a shining actor in the Hong Kong Entertainment Industry, under the management of Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB). More of his information can be found at online encyclopaedias such as Wikipedia -  have fun reading!

Schedule

| Schedule |
(Last updated: 04/12/2006)

Raymond's work schedule, for those interested in knowing when he'll make public appearances!

Latest information
 

Raymond's new official website: Fung Forever.

Raymond has just wrapped up all filming for 40-episode grand production, Tong Sam Fung Bo (Heart of Greed), co-staring with Linda Chung.

| Click here for more information |
(Last updated: 09/09/2006)

Raymond has begun the filming of another grand production, Sui Yuet Fung Wan (The Drive of Life), with a leading role. The producer is confirmed to be Tommy Leung and he will be co-starring with Charmaine Sheh and Myolie Wu.

| Click here for more information |
(Last updated: 28/09/2006)

Current and Upcoming Series
  • The Master of Tai Chi
  • The New Breath of Love
  • Heart of Greed
  • The Drive of Life

TagBoard

The Beehive thanks ...
Fung's Label, Raymond's previous official website and its webmistress, Sasa, for providing so much of Raymond's news and information. Without FL, many of Raymond's fans would've been like little losties, without any clue as to where to find Raymond's news. FL kept us informed and updated for a total of 2 years. It officially closed on the 21st August 2006, but I would still always remember it.

52raymond.com, also known as the Lam House. It was my source of Raymond's media. The fans there updated new clips or songs of Raymond's very quickly. It was a brilliant forum, a true home to Raymond's fans. It officially closed on the 1st September 2006, but I would still always remember it.

Vickie. She's my beautiful Net friend with a strong command of the Chinese language and very frequently she helps me with translations. She's also excellent when it comes to graphics and even though I haven't actually used any of her graphics in The Beehive, I still thought that it was worth mentioning.

Expectations of fans

If you want to repost any materials from this blog, please remember to credit. Mentioning The Beehive and the name of the translator would be courteous.

Affiliates

Previous Posts

Archive
Credits

Creator Page -> Blog Create

Blogskins
Blogger
Stock.XCHNG

By the way ...

Best viewed 1024 by 768, in Internet Explorer.